Gina K. Designs Gallery

Monday, June 18, 2012

PDCC#136

A simple card to share today using some stamps that I recently purchased.  The kids were outside playing wiffle ball with their daddy and gave me a chance to think about "cleaning" only I got distracted, lol!  For this card I used several Penny Black stamps including: Petal Party for the sentiment/flower, Floral Thread (illustrated by sweet Laura Kirste Campbell) and Puzzle Parts.  I stamped the flower using Versafine black ink and embossed it with clear embossing powder.  Then I sponged distress ink and trimmed layering one flower on top of the other for dimension.  The Floral Thread background was stamped on a scrap piece of Ocean Mist card stock and then die cut, adding a bit more sponging. 

The colors for this card were inspired by the Play Date Cafe Challenge this week:

Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you have a wonderful day! 
Blessings,


7 comments:

craftieodmae said...

LOL, you sound like me, gonna clean house and make a card LOL, your card is awesome, love that flower!

Payne Holler Cards said...

My kind of cleaning!
Love this color combo, different ....beautiful card!

kiwimeskreations said...

Beautiful card Jennie - love the colours and the way you have used them. I love the way you have used the floral threads stamp.
My studio id semi detached from the house so I can't get waylaid when cleaning - pity!!
Blessings
Maxine

The Other Patti Sue said...

I think you made the right choice... making a card or cleaning! Making a card is always a good choice! Absolutely beautiful!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Fabulous layers all created from stamping!!! Gorgeous!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Love that big embossed flower, Jennie! It's such a pretty focal point.

Thank you for joining us at The Play Date CAfe this week. :)

JaniceAileen said...

This is beautiful, Jennie! You matched those colors perfectly! Thanks for stopping by my bloggie! I am excited to get back into it! :)